Classic Tetris Monthly is a series of tournaments based on the Tetris game published by Nintendo and released in North America for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1989. Players compete in a single-elimination tournament with emulators or consoles with the unmodified game or any of the approved ROMs. Any controller/device is allowed so long as there is one button per input and no turbo functions. Competitors of all ages may compete. However, local laws may restrict monetary rewards to certain age groups. CTM will follow local guidelines when rewarding cash prizes.
ROMs, Hardware, Controllers, Game Genie Codes, and Emulators Guide
Visit our Amazon Affiliate Links for purchases that support CTM!
Approved NTSC ROMs
- – Tetris Gym v3.0+
- – “Hydrant” SPS ROM
- – Unmodified 1989 Release
Approved Hardware & Consoles
- – All
- – One button per input.
- – No turbo functions
Preferred Game Genie Codes for Competition
- – OPIPEX – Rocket Skip
- – NNAOOK or ENAOOK – Score Uncap
- – AEPXLL – Disable Pausing
- – IZVOXAIA TZVOUALP – Level 7 colors swap
- – TPNPGVYL – No flash on Tetrises
- – Mesen
- – Nestopia
- – Retroarch with either core: 1 frame runahead, no shaders
- – None
- – Masters Event: Facecam and Handcam is required. Ideally, position a single camera to capture both your face and hand motions.
- – Challengers Circuit: Handcam is required while Facecam is strongly preferred.
- – Futures Circuit, Hopefuls Circuit, Community Tournaments: Handcam and Facecam are voluntary and not required, but still preferred.